Friday, August 04, 2006

T.G.I.F.~ Thank God It's FALESCO

Ok so it's been a hot week all across the country and here comes the weekend, so it's time for my weekly T.G.I.F. posting... Today I'm thankin' God for Falesco Vitiano Rosato! And why not?

I'm getting delivery of my new Hasty Bake Charcoal Grill and I'm all fired up!

This moment of Rose' adoration brings us a lovely melange of equal parts of Sangiovese, Cabernet and Merlot from Umbria. With Riccardo Cotarella at the helm of his Baby, Falesco and his "made for pleasure tonight" brand, Vitiano, we've got it goin' on!

Salmon ( preferably wild and not from Chile or the Atlantic...for environmental reasons), pulled pork from happy piggies, Free range Chicken (on that charcoal grill), or a nice slab of Baby Back ribs.....Yeah!

What I love about rose' wines ( and I had one last night with my aunt at her 90th birthday celebration) is that you can have the cool of a white wine and the flavor and body of a red wine...Sounds like a merchant, yeah? And what's wrong with that?


BTW- I'm currently reading a great book about wine through the ages and the role of the wine merchant..I recommend it, highly!
Wine: The 8,000 Year-Old Story of the Wine Trade by Thomas Pellechia


Ciao for now!
Real Time Analytics